Header Ads

What's Up?
recent

Is He The One? - Few things to know before marriage





Is He The One? 
Identity Church Iligan's "Am I Ready?"
Article by: Maredeth Naive
Published on February 17, 2017

The idea of my prince charming sweeping me off my feet hasn’t been lost on me. I’m no damsel in distress but once in a while I allow myself to think of such notions. In my walk with the Lord, I have developed confidence that someday my prince will come, maybe just not the kind Snow White had. And while I make myself ready for when God opens my eyes to the one, I keep in mind these few simple truths:
 (Genesis 2:15-18 AMP)

    1.He has God’s presence. (The Garden of Eden)

It’s nice looking at people when they are least aware. How they carry themselves, how they treat others, the play of emotions in their eyes. There’s just something about a man showing Jesus. Job 29:5 says a virtuous man has the Almighty with him.

2  2.He has work. (Tend)

Gen 2:15 tells us that God gave man work. God values work. The Bible cited God working when He created man painstakingly. A man who has a job, and one who does it diligently, shows how he uses his vocation for God’s glory. And with that, he is a picture of a responsible provider.

         3.He brings out the best in me. (Guard/Cultivate)

Marriage is partnership and cooperation. God designed it that way. We make a team. We build each other up. Because two are better than one (Ecc 4:9-10).
Ladies, let’s pray for a man who will lead us and inspire us to become the women God wants us to be.

              4.He protects me. (Keep it)

Brave, strong, independent women, throw your hands up at me! I know, I know. But it doesn’t hurt to admit to being weak at times. To lean on tougher beings. And I’m not just talking physically but emotionally, spiritually, and financially. Real men protect. (Ephesians 5:23) Be it with a pink shirt on or whatever.

                 5.He has the Word of God. (Verse 17)

I’ve read somewhere that the only time a man will lift his eyes from his Bible is when he hears God saying “There she is.” Kilig, anyone? Ikr. The kind of man who reads, lives and loves the Word (Psalm 119: 97).  He has built his identity on God’s Word that he can back anything up with His commands, warnings and promises. What more could you ask for?

In closing, I thank the Lord that you have stumbled upon this piece. I pray that you will stay pure in your pursuit for the one God has prepared for you. And as you wait on God, keep a good heart. And when it comes, it’s gonna be beautiful. Love is waiting.
[no-sidebar]


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.