Header Ads

What's Up?
recent

Cy Sepria's Passion - "My Journey as a Worship Leader"


My Journey as a Worship Leader



        I started worship leading, 3 months after I attended the 3-day Encounter Retreat(December 2012). Worship leading seems simple but never easy. It takes a lot of CONSECRATION - praying, sanctifying, familiarizing the presence through worshiping on your private place - asking for forgiveness on EVERYTHING (includes the entire team).

         Even up to this time - for almost 5 years in the Ministry, I still get anxious days before my scheduled worship leading time - even up to the moment I go up to the stage. He is too Holy and is SO worthy of the HIGHEST PRAISE and BEST WORSHIP. I always have this fear in my heart if I won't be able to lead people into worshiping the Lord, it feels like it's all my fault because I did not consecrate enough or I may have sin in my heart I did not confess. Right before entering the stage, I always pray "Kuyugi ko Lord ... tabangi jud ko! 100x ". I will not go up if God will not help me. 

          I CANNOT DO IT APART FROM HIM. Also, being a worship leader for me is a Lifetime Commitment not just to the church but to the Lord. Many people have great voices but few are chosen for this calling. And I always feel so UNWORTHY. So I put this commitment in my heart that it's not about me anymore. It's not about what I feel. I will never bow to any feelings but to Him alone. To His name alone I will lift up my hands. Even if I feel good or not, tired or whatever circumstances I am facing, HE IS STILL WORTHY OF MY BEST PRAISE AND WORSHIP. 

          Just recently I asked the Lord, "Lord, gusto nako ma-serve ka ug tarong. Unsa man Imong gusto?" Days after He answered me, "just obey everything I have commanded you." We might have lost our voices singing praises to Him, but still failed to follow even one of His commands - forgiving someone? helping other people? love the unlovable? save the lost? We might do our devotionals everyday, but did we really obey all the commands? There I concluded that sacrifices of praise is good, but God wants our obedience to everything He commanded us. 

           There we can worship Him in Truth! Worship is a lifestyle. And the greatest worship we can offer is OBEDIENCE. [no-sidebar]

Cyrill Justice Sepria


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.